Okay, more modeling excitement here: Not much in the line of OOOOOH factor stuff, but; I did put in the paravanes.
As mentioned, Pennsylvania's paravanes were stowed in the vertical position attached to the barbette of turret 2. The photo below shows this to good effect.
When zoomed in the modeler can see that the aft fins are removed and stowed for attachment prior to deploying the paravane.
I used the North Star Paravanes for the 1/200 Capital ships. I had used these on my Arizona with less than stellar results, too fiddly for me, but; undaunted, I tried again with the same results. I used the Northstar Paravanes for the upright stowed position. For the chains attaching the paravane to the barbette I used the Eduard Railing Chain to good effect.
Pennsylvania as with other ships also had the paravanes on a "skid" for movement on the deck and quick deployment.
The photo below shows one on a skid on the deck.
As they weren't stationary, I chose to pose them facing forward, these are the kit paravanes modified using the AK/MKI PE for the paravanes. I thought they turned out pretty decent and like them much better than the Northstar ones as they are less fiddly. I used spare PE and cut some plastic rod for the floats.
The skids I used are excess kit Kingfisher shuttles. Not 100% accurate, but "represent" a skid vice having it just lying on the deck.
As you can see I also have the chain railings up on the starboard side. These are what comes with the AK/MKI kit for the Arizona as well as the wood deck. If a modeler is doing the 1/200 Arizona, I would highly recommend getting this set up. It is reasonable and the only set with the chain railings compelete vice the Eduard Chain railings that the modeler has to individually attach to the individual posts. Good luck with that Randy.
I didn't like the way the CXAM radar was sitting so I tweaked it a bit to make it look right it now sits perpendicular to the deck.
I also added railings to the aft gun tub, added the ladder and associated railings. I had added the electrical boxes and changed the door locations prior to attaching the bulkhead.
That's it for this update, almost finished.
Thanks for stopping by and checking it out.