Okay: I managed to get the last of the "deck fittings" in place, these include the 5" deck guns (kit provided) with the Trumpeter detail set barrels and the two three inch guns forward. These came from Di Steffan at Shapeways. They are really nice.
I painted all the ladder wells white and the inside of the hatches white as well as the supports white to simulate the white rope that would be found on these.
I also added the vents. The three angled vents are totally different than the Arizona's round vents. These came from the Model Monkey (Steve Larsen) catalog at Shapeways. I used the kit "barbette" railings around the number three and number two barbettes. Here you can see the ladder wells and the angled vents. I also used the kit turret vents along the number three barbette. Pennsyvlania's were a little different, but I didn't want to scratch these as I felt they weren't that noticeable or detract from the overall appearance.
The forward tub on the Arizona was empty as it was awaiting the installation of the quad 1.1 "Chicago Piano". Trumpeter has the tub molded as one piece. The splinter shield was built on the deck so the inside decking should be wood, with a small portion outboard as metal. I didn't want to cut out the inside of the tub and risk ruining it, so I used spare wood decking to simulate the affect.
You get the idea and it looks pretty neat in person.
After getting the deck fittings in place I next turned to the main mast. I should have put the railings on the vegetable locker prior to this, but in my haste I didn't, it will be a bit fiddly to do, but not beyond the pale.
Pennsylvania's main mast was situated differently than the Arizona's so I had to scratch build the thing and cut some holes in the deck for the legs to attach to as they are much shallower than Arizona's.
Here you can see where they go vice where Arizonas go through the openings on either side of the vegetable locker.
After the main mast I fixed the superstructure and the stack.
I had to adjust some of the hatches so the superstructure would fit, but overall it went on straightforward.
As the stack is also from Steve Larsen (Model Monkey) 3D printed, it was made to fit on the boat deck not to go through to the main deck so I attached a piece of sheet plastic to the bottom of the stack and fitted it in place after the superstructure. I placed eyelets on the deck between the 5" Splinter shields and rigged the stack to the deck.
Now on to the final stages of the build. The boats, the jack and flag staff, rigging of the main mast and connecting to the formast, anchor and chain and I think that is it.