And here's some more progress - I had to start with some of the shelter deck structures to make sure that the wooden deck would come down in the right place.
I built the Trumpi originals first, but most will be replaced by Eduard etch later on, started with them as well. The plastic parts are only to fit the wooden deck - well, the after structure will not be replaced, of course, but there are more corrections needed, and etch to be added. But that's for later.
In order to properly place the deck, I decided to deliberately cut it in smaller sections, along some lines that I hope will be hidden afterwards. That allows me to control the process of laying down the deck, instead of being driven and end up with a slightly off-placed deck. That worked out pretty well and I think I will to it like this with future wooden decks the same way...
Shelter deck was laid down in four parts. Here's the result and some close ups of the cutting lines, I think that's ok.
After deck same procedure...
Cut in halves. There was a significant gap between the barbets that needed filling, but I think proved me right - the fit around the barbets is pretty tight and on the forecastle I had to do some major re-working and cutting. Filling the gap as here was way easier and I think it looks all right.
Full view and my 'battlefield' around...
The Eduard structures compared to the kit's ones, and first inclined ladders installed:
So much for now, I should have another update in a week from now.
As always, thanks for looking in and commenting!!