today I have something very rare and strange to show. I believe you could call it an update...
Well, not a substantial one I admit, but I wanted to get things started in 2017, and so I decided to spend at least some time at the shipyard. No chance to really get into things, to continue where I stopped will take some more time. So I started with a new subassembly, the funnels.
parts are rather clunky and especially the grid is very solid and needs some robust work. Fit is ok, but the parts simply are not clean and smooth.
So it is helpful that the funnel gets a clean shave and all parts are replaced, mainly from Eduard etch.
The grid is rather fragile, but in two parts at least you can get the 3-D bend right.
The eyes on the bands lifted and the grid prepared
And finally some test-fitting in place
That's already all...but at least one final update for 2017!
With that I wish you all Merry Christmas, happy holidays and a a happy New Year!
And once again, thanks for bearing with me and my glacier pace...2018 should see better progress!