LET THE NIT-PICKING BEGIN!!!
But first of all a few more preliminary photos..
Here are the Instruction booklet and a booklet of photos of the MTBs, including a restored one with no rudders etc (??)
The instructions are not line drawings but shaded drawings..
Then when you open the box the first thing you get is the huge hull moulding. and my size 19 for scale..
And here is the sheet of PE that came with the kit..
And finally I decided to clean up my bench before I started construction of the boat..
The first order of business of the construction proper was to clean up the hull, and surprisingly I only found this little problem..
Which was quickly cleaned up..
The Italians are so generous they even give you free ejector pin marks on some parts!!
Another view of the free marks on the exhausts..
One of the exhausts in position..
Next up was the strakes down the hull that keep spray away from the deck..
At one stage I dropped one of them after removing it from the sprue. After attaching them to one side I did the front one on the other side and then the back one but found that it was about 3 inches short.. what the!?!?
Then I happened to look on the floor and found a part had come off the part.. bast%^d!!
I attached the strake and found it left a bit of a gap where it originally tapered..
I have since fixed it but this really is a bit of over-engineering by Italeri as the strakes could easily have been moulded in place.
Next up we move to the stern and the PE cavitation plates. These help stop the boat porpoising in the water at speed..
And here we have the rudders etc in position ..
And then the stern glued in place..
I taped the stand to the hull so the rudders may survive a bit longer..
Next it was the PE portholes that came with the Griffon set. They have much more detail than the ones in the Italero PE set..
There are six each side..
And that's it for now.
Good evening one and all