login   |    register
Figures
This forum is for discussion of military figure making.
US airborne Bastogne 54mm
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
Joined: October 04, 2002
KitMaker: 1,493 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 07:44 AM UTC
Some in progress pics of my latest figure. The main body painted, wash applied and drybrushed. Still some details to paint and the boots to finish.

The face with base coat applied.

The face after applying some glazes.

It is a resin figure by Michael Roberts Ltd. I did an in box review here.
http://groups.msn.com/Armoramauk/101stairborne.msnw

Plasticbattle
#003
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
Joined: May 14, 2002
KitMaker: 9,762 posts
Model Shipwrights: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 08:02 AM UTC
From the pictures supplied its looking good. The left eye looks larger than the right eye, but may have changed during further work. Its hard to give critic when its work in progress. What green have you used for the uniform? It looks really good. I personally would have faded it a bit with a sandy colour, as a sort of start to weathering....but thats just me. Michael Roberts figures have gotten a lot of good press recently.. .......its nice to see one up close. I read your review ... and realise why I prefer kit figures. Were the casting blocks hard to remove? You have made a really good job of all the joints. looking forward to seeing this guy finished up! Nice one!
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
Joined: October 04, 2002
KitMaker: 1,493 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 08:16 AM UTC
Plasticbattle, I noticed the eyes were odd after the first pic so I have fixed that. I put in some burnt umber to give a sunken look. The uniform was olive drab, a wash of dark green applied and then drybrushed. I did a bit of surfing to find some colour references on the uniforms worn during the Ardennes and found quite a mix of colours given as they varied a lot after being worn and washed repeatedly according to who the manufacturer was.

The molding blocks came off really easy with a razor saw and there was very little filling to do.
brandydoguk
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
Joined: October 04, 2002
KitMaker: 1,493 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 10:23 AM UTC
Here's a better pic of my progress.
sarge
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
Joined: April 20, 2003
KitMaker: 130 posts
Model Shipwrights: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2003 - 10:37 AM UTC
looking good its nice to see a us figure for a change