Geez, I thought I would have had an update sooner! Did you ever have one of those builds where you think you can update, but ya need to change a few things... then a few more... and a few more, until next thing you know days have gone by? That's me right now.
So a quick update to show that I have in fact been working on this baby. First up, she's been epoxied to the base. Remember the hollow tubes I put inside the hull for the dowels to fit into? Those tubes get filled with epoxy and then the ship slides onto the dowels. The little bit of "play" in the tubes allows the epoxy to go down and around the dowels to lock the ship in. It can be held upside down and won't budge (although I don't tempt fate by doing it much). Here's the epoxy in the forward tube with dowel.
And then the big stuff started to go on. Here's a quick shot with the flight deck, side platforms, funnels, superstructure base and level, and midships items attached. Some filler can be seen here and there. More (and better) pictures will be shown when I get the area a little more cleaned up (note that the superstructure base has also had its boxes and stuff attached).
A much more comprehensive update will be posted once I get out of the "development hell" I'm currently in.
Thanks for the nice words Kenny and Frank. BTW Frank, the figure is the one that came with Tamiya's 1/32 Zero. Although plastic, the Big T really came through on the details.
Mr. Blades, the Valspar I used to seal the deck was purchased at Lowes, as was the 3M spray adhesive. Welcome aboard and thanks for the nice comments.